Wednesday 13 March 2013

You Decide 2013


Given what happened last time I put a blogpost subject up for public vote (you utter bastards), you may be wondering why I'd put myself through the same ordeal again. It's a fair question.

But I'd be a fool to think most of you aren't only reading these pages for the occasional sadistic pleasure of seeing me spend my hard earned on a diabolical meal, and there's always the chance you might send me to Le Gavroche or Pollen Street Social instead of the Clapham Junction branch of Wimpy. So instead of pre-populating the poll with nice places I actually want to go to like last year, I'm going to call your bluff and start you off with a list of real shockers. Then hopefully, thanks to a clever bit of reverse psychology you'll add your own nice options and I'll end up somewhere good.

Oh, who am I kidding. Do your worst.

VOTE HERE

EDIT 15/03/13: It appears I'll be going to Mr Wu's all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. I hope you're all very pleased with yourselves.

4 comments:

Alex C said...

I'd actually like to see the Gav getting a review. It's a bit of a family favourite, and their lunch is astonishing value, and the service is stunning. Have to say though Helene Darroze at the Connaught recently did trump them with and even better meal at even better value.
I suppose the question could be turned around - what's the best lunch in London for £50ish per head?

Anonymous said...

And why exactly should we send you? How about inviting one of your long standing readers along instead as a guest blogger? Now I know where I'd send myself...

HRMinx said...

Having just looked at the Pollen Street Social wine list, I know I was right to choose Mr Wu's for you ... presumably you want SOME pennies left for eating out more than once in 2013 ...

Anonymous said...

It was mooted as a joke pre-theatre destination last week when we went to see Book of Mormon, I look forward to your review!